Friday 13 June 2014

Fruit Tingle by Ulta3 - Design 2 - Gradient Animal Print

Ok before I post this I just want to give a heads up. The first is that I am labelling these nails as a bit of a nail fail, not because they look terrible but because they don't truly show off the awesomeness of Fruit Tingle, which is really what I aim to do in these 1 Polish, 5 Designs posts. However I am still going to use it as design two as I still think it looks alright and the same effect could be achieved using pretty much any 1 or two polishes. 

The second thing I want to quickly say is that I HAD MY LAST EVER UNIVERSITY EXAM TODAY! That means I am now officially, well after results come out anyway, a scientist. However, because I've had exams all week and I have a terrible habit of picking at my cuticles while studying, my cuticles are in desperate need of TLC. I had to edit them out they were that bad so if there is any dryness or strangeness about my cuticles, that is why! Now for the design.


Ok so the problem with these is that there is only a few dots of Fruit Tingle that are visible on the nail, because my nails are kind of short. However, as I said, they still look cool and gradient-y and animal print-y so here they are (and yes they are words, I just made them up). I'll post a simple pictorial below and explain the process for creating the animal gradient below that.


1. Paint your nails with white polish, here I used Sinful Colours - Snow Me White (I might need to invest in a new white polish).
2. Mix a pink polish with a little bit of white polish to lighten it (I used Strawberry Sundae by Ulta3 and Sinful Colors-Snow Me White). I only did this because I have no really light pink polishes but you could just use a light pink. Use this mixed polish to place random dots near your cuticles.
3. Work up and create a gradient of pink dots. The orangey pink here is Strawberry Sundae and the bright pink at the very top is Fruit Tingle. I also added a few dots of Fruit Tingle mixed with white at the bottom of the nail (the very pale pink), because it was too bare at the base of my nail.
4. Using a tooth pick and black polish (I used Black Satin by Ulta3), edge each splodge with black. A few dots at either edge of the colour should be enough. Fill in any large white gaps with black lines.
(Not pictured) Let the design dry and add a top coat, I use Sally Hansen, Insta dry. If you want you can matte the design with a matte top coat. I use Born Pretty Store Mattifying Oil. NOTE: Most of my pictures are with a matte top coat because it looked so much better :D

Now as I said these were a fail because they don't show off Fruit Tingle very well but I still wanted you to see them. Hopefully you like them (I know the pictorial is kind of bad and I apologise for that :P). All I have to say about the next design features GLITTER PLACEMENT! It will be coming to a blog near you soon. Now for the final pictures!


Without the matte top coat

And without matte topcoat


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment here!