Saturday 17 May 2014

Daisy Duke Bikini by Chi Chi Cosmetics- Design 1 - Black Tips

Yesterday I introduced the polish I would be using for the first of my 5 designs. It was Chi Chi cosmetics, Daisy Duke Bikini and swatches can be seen here. The first design I came up with using this polish is super simple and was done on top of the swatches from yesterday. I'll give you a picture of the design and talk about it more after the visual.


For this design I used stripping tape from the born pretty store to mark off the two segments (below the bottom thin black line and above it where the orange stripe is) and then painted black polish carefully over the top, not going below the bottom piece of tape. I immediately removed the stripping tape after painting the polish (important to get clean lines) and coated it with Essie, No Chips Ahead, topcoat.

This design is super easy and you could get the same effect by cutting thin strips of sticky/scotch tape if you didn't have stripping tape. The only thing I would say is that the orange and black look does come off a little halloween-y. Therefore I think this would be a really cute look with a nude base and colourful tips. Also this taping technique would be a great way to jazz up a chipping polish. If you're too lazy to remove the old polish fully you could give new life to your old polish by adding some funky tips. The possibilities are almost endless :D

Hopefully you like this design, the next one will be posted soon! Also, there will be picture tutorials for all the designs I create with a polish, posted when I do the overview post.

Both hands, as you can see this is a design easily achieved on both your dominant and non-dominant hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment here!