Saturday 17 May 2014

Daisy Duke Bikini by Chi Chi Cosmetics - Swatch

Today marks the first post of this blogs new direction. I've decided to change the name of my blog (and my instagram) to match my 1 polish, 5 designs, challenge (used to be the-nail-gun for those who don't know). To explain a bit more fully I wanted to show the diversity of a nail colour by creating 5 nail art designs using that colour. I'm hoping most of these designs will be fairly simple so the average girl doing her nails can see just how exciting that one bottle of polish she has stashed away, really is.

Unless otherwise stated, all the polishes I'm going to be using for these posts have been brought by me or have been given to me by friends and family. I'll try and state where I got each polish, or provide you an location where you can buy it, so you have the chance to recreate these designs or just own the colour.

How I shall be posting these series is one at a time. I'll first post a swatch of the colour I'll be creating 5 designs with and then there will be 5 separate posts for the nail art created. Finally there will be a final post with all designs completed to sum up how versatile the polish really is. But enough explaining, let get down to it, with the first polish!


The first polish to undergo my 1 polish, 5 designs, challenge is Daisy Duke Bikini by Chi Chi Cosmetics. It's a bright orange polish that is luminous in the sunlight. I got this polish at a Target store in Victoria for the bargain price of $3.50, however it's regular retail price is $5, which I still believe is a bargain. I'll add another picture just to show just how bright it can look in the sunlight.


In these swatches I applied 3 thin coats of polish, but I possibly could have got the same effect with two thicker ones. On the positive side, this polish is super fast drying but can be a little streaky if not applied correctly. I possibly could have gotten away without a top coat but it dries slightly matte so I added one coat of Essie, No Chips Ahead, to make it shine.

I really love the colour of this polish, you can't help but feel happy when you see it. I'd say it's a colour that makes you smile. I can't wait to start designing with this polish and I hope you are too! 

Now to leave you with some final swatches. Look for my post on the art created with this polish coming soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment here!